B.C. woman who tweeted about her Swine Flu felt effects for 12 days
A Victoria woman who became one of the first identified Swine Flu victims on Vancouver Island and sent out tweets about her condition says she still felt sick as long as 12 days after she contracted the virus in Mexico.
“Feel like sh*tballs today!! Felt nauseous all night, and I still feel it. Whyyy?? Swine flu should be done by now!! I got it 12 days ago. May 5.” she said in a tweet.
She had been sending out tweets to her friends about her ordeal following a vacation in Cancun, Mexico.
Michelle Bossi was among the first three B.C. people identified as having Swine Flu.
“Geez I’m so lucky to be the first case of swine flu in Victoria!!!!!!! Fucking lovely!!!!!!!!,” she said.
In her tweets she talks about having spent a long time in hospital, being tired and being hounded by media wishing to interview her.
Twitter is a social media micro-blogging site where members send out 140 character messages to each other.
Here are her latest tweets about feeling the effects of Swine Flu and going out in public for the first time on May 3.
That flu sure kicked the crap out of my energy levels. I feel like an 80yr old, but without a cool motorized wheel chair! Boo. May 4.
Do the pigs feel as sh*tty as we do when they have the flu??? Aches? High fever? Coughing? Lol. Poor piggies. May 3.
I’m out in public, it feels kind of strange after being on lockdown for so long.. Just learned that I’m a major germ-a-phobe now!!!!!!!May 3.
Her earlier tweets, listed below, first revealed here, led to an interview with CNN.
- I’m tired. Home late from hosp, woke up feverish and now the local news wants to talk to me again. At least I didn’t cough all night
- Geez I’m so lucky to be the first case of swine flu in Victoria!!!!!!! Fucking lovely!!!!!
- Is lonely in isolation room at hospital.
- In Mexican hospital. Need I say more??? April 24.
- Waiting to board plane to cancun! Lotsa weirdos at airport! Who let’s these ppl out in public?? They better not be at the same resort. April 17 at YVR.