BC child flown to hospital after eating cannabis infused gummy bears

    A BC child is in hospital after ingesting an unknown number of gummy bears infused with cannabis while seated in back of parents' car.

    Comox, BC – A child seated in the back seat of a car ate an unknown number of gummy bears infused with cannabis and became acutely ill.

    Police said they received a “concerning report involving a  young child who became sick” after ingesting the cannabis candy.

    “A criminal investigation was launched and investigators were able to determine the child’s parents brought her to a local hospital after she displayed signs of medical distress,” said Const. Monica Terragni.

    “The child was reported to have been in the back seat of a vehicle when she discovered some discarded candies and then ate an unknown number of them. The child was air lifted to another hospital to receive further medical treatment and is expected to make a full recovery.”

    “The parents acted quickly in seeking immediate medical treatment for their child and are cooperating with investigators.”

    This is a very unfortunate situation that brings to light the dangers of cannabis infused edibles – specifically those that resemble candy said Cst. Monika Terragni, Media Relations Officer, Comox Valley RCMP. These are products that need to be treated with the same care and control that we treat our prescription drugs with.”

    “Police would like to remind the public that cannabis is a drug which could be toxic to children. If you suspect a child accidentally ingested any drug, call 911 right away.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here