BC School Covid-19 Cases – total 36 including 1 school board office. Some schools have more than one event. So far Surrey has exposures in 19 schools.
1. Quesnel Junior School: Parents have been notified of potentially serious exposure at Quesnel school with students and staff. Contact tracing continuing. Exposure dates Sept. 10 and 11.
2. Ecole Frank Ross Elementary. Students and parents notified of exposure in School District 59. Ecole Frank is located in Dawson Creek and has 490 students. Exposure date Sept 10 and 11. Confirmed by Northern Health.
- J A Laird Elementary School: Covid infection and possible exposure. Interior Health is reporting an infected student attended the Invermere on Sept. 14 and 15. School contacted by IH.
- Two staff working at School Board for District 20 have been confirmed to be positive by acting superintendent Katherine Shearer. In a letter she says the staff members are isolating and Interior Health is tracking contacts. No date of exposure but letter dated Sept. 16.
- Stanley Humphries Secondary School. A member of the Stanley Humphries Secondary School student community in Castlegar has tested positive for COVID-19. Student case is isolated at home with support from public health officials. Sept.11. Interior Health has directly contacted any individuals who may have been exposed to provide direction and support.
- Rossland Summit School. Case confirmed on Sept. 21, 2020. The school is in SD 22 – Vernon. K-9 school.
Abbotsford School District
- Harry Sayers Elementary School reports infection exposure on Sept, 14 and 15.
- Ten-Broeck Elementary School reports infection exposure on Sept. 17.
- Fraser River Middle School in New Westminster has an infection event on Sept. 17.
- New Westminster Secondary School is reporting an infection event on Sept. 17.
- Queen Elizabeth Secondary School Covid-19 exposure confirmed. QE school exposure on Sept. 14.
2. L.A. Matheson Secondary in Surrey has an exposure of Covid-19. 9484- 122 Street, Surrey.￼
3. Ecole Panorama Ridge in Surrey has second exposure warning involving 2nd individual in less than one week. This raises level of danger of spread. Supt. Jordan Tinney says two cases not linked to first alert.
4. Latimer Road Elementary School had an infection alert when a person attended the school on Sept, 10.
5. Tamanawis Secondary in Surrey has 4 day exposure event. Single individual attended school over the four-day period. Letters out and contact tracing underway.
6. Morgan Elementary school at 3366 156A Street has exposure event. Parents have received emails.
7. T E Scott Elementary has Covid-19 exposure event. School is located at 7079 148 Street in Surrey. Two people attended school on Sept. 14 and 15 while Covid-19 positive. Parents notified by email.
8. Lord Tweedsmuir Secondary School at 6151-180 Street has Covid-19 exposure over 2 days. Sept. 14 and 15.
9. North Surrey Secondary School. Notification sent to parents about individual who attended school on Sept. 14. Contact tracing underway.
10. Khalsa Secondary School. There was a Covid-19 exposure at this school on 124 Street in Surrey. The exposure occurred over two days, Sept. 9 and 10.
11. Khalsa Elementary School. There was a COVID-19 exposure at Khalsa Elementary School (Old Yale Campus) in Surrey on September 1st and September 4th. Five non-teaching staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. These individuals are currently in self-isolation at their homes. Neither students nor parents were exposed at the school during these times.
12. Panorama Ridge Secondary. A COVID-19 exposure occurred at Panorama Ridge Secondary School in Surrey on Tuesday, September 8th. No students were present at the site that day. One staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. This person is currently in self-isolation at their home. Out of an abundance of caution, Fraser Health Public Health notified close contacts who have been instructed to self-isolate. Panorama Ridge also had a second event on Sept. 10.
13. Johnson Heights Secondary. A COVID-19 exposure occurred at Johnson Heights Secondary School in Surrey on September 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th. One staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. This person is currently in self-isolation at their home. Fraser Public Health has identified and informed close contacts who are instructed to self-isolate.
14. Sullivan Heights Secondary School. An individual who is confirmed Covid-19 case attended the school on Sept. 10. Contact tracing is underway.
15. William Watson Elementary. An individual who is Covid-19 positive attended the school on Sept. 10. Contact tracing is ongoing.
16. Princess Margaret Secondary in Surrey. Confirmed exposure. Individual in school was positive. Attended on Sept. 11.
17. Boundary Park Elementary school has an infection event that could have led to exposure of staff or students. An infected person attended on Sept. 17.
18. Boundary Park Elementary. First infection alert for Sept. 14 and 15.
19. Fraser Health confirms Covid-19 incident at Gobind Sarwar Elementary School at 88 Ave and 168 Street. The school is an independent Sikh school. Exposure on Sept. 17 and 18.
- Delta Secondary School. On September 11, the school was informed one student has tested positive for COVID-19. This person is currently in self-isolation at their home. Fraser Health Public Health has identified and informed close contacts who are instructed to self-isolate
Vancouver Coastal Health
- Hastings Elementary School is reporting an infection. Principal’s email to parents verifies case at Franklin Street school in Vancouver.
- Ecole Laura Secord has an infection event and an alert has been issued to parents by Principal Laurent Briseboia.
- Sentinel Secondary. Parents of students at Sentinel Secondary in West Vancouver have received a letter about an exposure at school. Contact tracing underway. Letter to parents sent out on Saturday. (North Shore News reports possible in-class spread to teacher)
- Collingwood School has reported an exposure event to Vancouver Coastal Health. It says staff and students are not involved. Collingwood is an independent school with two campuses teaching Kindergarten to Grade 12. No details provided.
- Mulgrave School exposure among teachers and grade 9 students during outdoor activities. Made public on Sept. 8.
- West Vancouver Secondary School has sent notices to parents about an infection event. Contact tracing underway by VCH. Teachers and students ordered isolated.
- Robert A. McMath Secondary at 4251 Gary Street in Richmond. Some contacts isolated. School areas affected deep cleaned. SD 38 letter sent to parents. No info how many or who was isolated.
List will expand as we confirm other suspected school exposures.