This page is not being updated. Follow @realreporter on Twitter – information will be posted there as it becomes available.
BC School Covid-19 Cases – total 70 schools and 1 school board office. Some schools have more than one event. Some schools have multiple events. Caulfeild has two classes isolated with several children testing positive. Some parents withdrawing children from school, others keeping kids at home.
1. Quesnel Junior School: Parents have been notified of potentially serious exposure at Quesnel school with students and staff. Contact tracing continuing. Exposure dates Sept. 10 and 11.
Second exposure alert issued on Sept.25 for event September 15-18, 2020.
2. Ecole Frank Ross Elementary. Students and parents notified of exposure in School District 59. Ecole Frank is located in Dawson Creek and has 490 students. Exposure date Sept 10 and 11. Confirmed by Northern Health.
3. Nak’albun Elementary School Covid-19 case and potential exposure. Fort St. James in Northern Health. Infectious person at school between Sept. 16-18.
4. David Hoy Elementary has Covid-19 incident in Nechako Lakes in Northern Health. Exposure Sept. 17 & 18.
- J A Laird Elementary School: Covid infection and possible exposure. Interior Health is reporting an infected student attended the Invermere on Sept. 14 and 15. School contacted by IH.
- Two staff working at School Board for District 20 have been confirmed to be positive by acting superintendent Katherine Shearer. In a letter she says the staff members are isolating and Interior Health is tracking contacts. No date of exposure but letter dated Sept. 16.
- Stanley Humphries Secondary School. A member of the Stanley Humphries Secondary School student community in Castlegar has tested positive for COVID-19. Student case is isolated at home with support from public health officials. Sept.11. Interior Health has directly contacted any individuals who may have been exposed to provide direction and support.
- Rossland Summit School. Case confirmed on Sept. 21, 2020. The school is in SD 22 – Vernon. K-9 school.
1. Yennadon Elementary school sends letter to parents about Covid-19 event. School is in Maple Ridge. Covid-19 infection reported on Sept. 21.
1. Ecole Riverside Secondary Confirmed infection and potential exposure. 2215 Reeve St. In Port Coquitlam. (Confirmed letter from school)
Abbotsford/ Chilliwack School Districts
- Harry Sayers Elementary School reports infection exposure on Sept, 14 and 15.
- Ten-Broeck Elementary School reports infection exposure on Sept. 17.
- Chilliwack Secondary School has Covid-19 infection and possible exposure. Dates of exposure Sept. 22, 23, 24.
- Fraser River Middle School in New Westminster has an infection event on Sept. 17.
- New Westminster Secondary School is reporting an infection event on Sept. 17.
- Ecole Lord Tweedsmuir in New Westminster sends out exposure alert. Sept. 24 and 25.
- Queensborough Middle School. New Westminster. Covid-19 case and exposure alert. September 21 and 22, 2020 (reported by FHA).
- Gordon Greenwood Elementary, Langley has a Covid-19 alert. Exposure September 29, 30, October 1, 2020. FHA confirmed.
- Queen Elizabeth Secondary School Covid-19 exposure confirmed. QE school exposure on Sept. 14.
2. L.A. Matheson Secondary in Surrey has an exposure of Covid-19. 9484- 122 Street, Surrey.￼
3. Ecole Panorama Ridge in Surrey has second exposure warning involving 2nd individual in less than one week. This raises level of danger of spread. Supt. Jordan Tinney says two cases not linked to first alert.
- Ecole Panorama Ridge had yet another Covid-19 incident alert on Seot. 24. This is a 7-day event. Sept. 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 23. Notification from Supt. Tinney.
4. Latimer Road Elementary School had an infection alert when a person attended the school on Sept, 10.
5. Tamanawis Secondary in Surrey has 4 day exposure event. Single individual attended school over the four-day period. Letters out and contact tracing underway. Second notification sent on Sept. 23.
6. Morgan Elementary school at 3366 156A Street has exposure event. Parents have received emails.
7. T E Scott Elementary has Covid-19 exposure event. School is located at 7079 148 Street in Surrey. Two people attended school on Sept. 14 and 15 while Covid-19 positive. Parents notified by email.
8. Lord Tweedsmuir Secondary School at 6151-180 Street has Covid-19 exposure over 2 days. Sept. 14 and 15.
9. North Surrey Secondary School. Notification sent to parents about individual who attended school on Sept. 14. Contact tracing underway.
10. Khalsa Secondary School. There was a Covid-19 exposure at this school on 124 Street in Surrey. The exposure occurred over two days, Sept. 9 and 10.
11. Khalsa Elementary School. There was a COVID-19 exposure at Khalsa Elementary School (Old Yale Campus) in Surrey on September 1st and September 4th. Five non-teaching staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. These individuals are currently in self-isolation at their homes. Neither students nor parents were exposed at the school during these times.
- Second Covid-19 event at Khalsa Elementary (Newton) Exposure dates September 22, 23, 24 and 25, 2020. That’s a long exposure.
12. Panorama Ridge Secondary. A COVID-19 exposure occurred at Panorama Ridge Secondary School in Surrey on Tuesday, September 8th. No students were present at the site that day. One staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. This person is currently in self-isolation at their home. Out of an abundance of caution, Fraser Health Public Health notified close contacts who have been instructed to self-isolate. Panorama Ridge also had a second event on Sept. 10.
13. Johnson Heights Secondary. A COVID-19 exposure occurred at Johnson Heights Secondary School in Surrey on September 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th. One staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. This person is currently in self-isolation at their home. Fraser Public Health has identified and informed close contacts who are instructed to self-isolate.
14. Sullivan Heights Secondary School. An individual who is confirmed Covid-19 case attended the school on Sept. 10. Contact tracing is underway. Second notification sent on a 4-day exposure event on Sept. 23. For Sept. 14, 15, 16, 18.
15. William Watson Elementary. An individual who is Covid-19 positive attended the school on Sept. 10. Contact tracing is ongoing.
16. Princess Margaret Secondary in Surrey. Confirmed exposure. Individual in school was positive. Attended on Sept. 11.
Alert 2 issued Sept. 25
Princess Margaret Secondary has a Covid-19 alert issued on Sept. 25. Dates when Covid-19 positive person was in school Sept. 15 to 18
17. Boundary Park Elementary school has an infection event that could have led to exposure of staff or students. An infected person attended on Sept. 17.
18. Boundary Park Elementary. First infection alert for Sept. 14 and 15.
19. Fraser Health confirms Covid-19 incident at Gobind Sarwar Elementary School at 88 Ave and 168 Street. The school is an independent Sikh school. Exposure on Sept. 17 and 18.
20. Kennedy Trail Elementary in Surrey has a 3-day Covid-19 infection event and possible exposure. Revealed by Supt. Jordan Tinney.
21. Rosemary Heights Elementary school in Surrey has Covid-19 alert. Covid-19 positive person was present at school on Sept. 21.
- Rosemary Heights Elementary School has second alert issued on Oct. 3.
22. Fraser Health has sent out letters to parents confirming Covid-19 case at Earl Marriott Secondary in Surrey. Person attended school over 4-day period.
23. Johnston Heights Secondary school in Surrey has Covid-19 infection exposure. Revealed by Supt. Tinney. Letters have gone out.
24. Beaver Creek Elementary in Surrey has Covid-19 cases. Parents notified about exposure even Sept. 21 to 23.
25. North Surrey Secondary. COVID early notice letters have gone to staff and parents tonight, according to Supt. Tinney. Seot. 24 and 25.
26. Ecole KB Woodward. COVID letters going out about infection. Covid-19 alert September 24 and 25.
27. Rosemary Heights Elementary. COVID exposure letter sent out. Exposure dates September 24 and 25.
28. Georges Vanier Elementary School, Surrey, has reported a Covid-19 case.
29. G.A.D Elementary (Surrey). Exposure
September 23, 2020. This is an independent Sikh school. (Added by FHA).
- Delta Secondary School. On September 11, the school was informed one student has tested positive for COVID-19. This person is currently in self-isolation at their home. Fraser Health Public Health has identified and informed close contacts who are instructed to self-isolate
Vancouver Coastal Health
- Hastings Elementary School is reporting an infection. Principal’s email to parents verifies case at Franklin Street school in Vancouver.
- Ecole Laura Secord has an infection event and an alert has been issued to parents by Principal Laurent Briseboia.
- Xpey’ Elementary School. Confirmed Covid-19. Vancouver School District. 1950 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, Potential exposure date(s): September 10, 14, 15 and 21.Long exposure. (From VCH).
- Covid-19 case at Gladstone Secondary, Vancouver School District 4105 Gladstone Street, Vancouver, Potential exposure date(s): September 16 to 18, September 21 to 22.
- Cunningham/Carleton Schools combined earlier is reporting a Covid-19 case. Parents have received an email. The Cunningham Elementary school is located at 2330 East 37 Avenue in Vancouver.
- Vancouver Technical Secondary, 2600 East Broadway, Vancouver, Potential exposure date(s): September 21.
- Elsie Roy Elementary school has notified parents of a covid case. 150 Drake Street, Vancouver.
- VCH lists Cedar Walk Program, Vancouver School District. 1043 Kingsway, Vancouver. Potential exposure date(s): September 14, 15, 17 and 21.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Elementary School has a Covid-19 case. This is a private Catholic school. Oct.3.
- Champlain Heights Elementary, Vancouver School District. 6955 Frontenac St., Vancouver. Potential exposure date(s): September 22 to 24.
11. Aries Program, Vancouver School District. 1618 E. Hastings St., Vancouver. Potential exposure date(s): September 17, 18, 22, 24, 28.
- Sentinel Secondary. Parents of students at Sentinel Secondary in West Vancouver have received a letter about an exposure at school. Contact tracing underway. Letter to parents sent out on Saturday. (North Shore News reports possible in-class spread to teacher)
- Collingwood School has reported an exposure event to Vancouver Coastal Health. It says staff and students are not involved. Collingwood is an independent school with two campuses teaching Kindergarten to Grade 12. No details provided.
- Mulgrave School exposure among teachers and grade 9 students during outdoor activities. Made public on Sept. 8.
- West Vancouver Secondary School has sent notices to parents about an infection event. Contact tracing underway by VCH. Teachers and students ordered isolated.
- Caulfeild Elementary School has ordered students in their Div. 12 class to self isolate as a precaution. Vancouver Coastal Health ordered isolation of class cohort after a positive test, school said in letter. Two classes ordered isolated and parents report several children being positive.
- Mamquam Elementary, Sea to Sky School DistrictAddress: 40266 Government Road, Garibaldi Highlands, BC. Potential exposure date(s): September 11, 16, 17 and 18.
- Signal Hill Elementary, Sea to Sky School DistrictAddress: 1410 Pemberton Portage Road, Pemberton, BC. Potential exposure date(s): September 21.
- Howe Sound Secondary, Sea to Sky School District. 38430 Buckley Avenue, Squamish. Exposure Sept. 21 to 25.
- Rockridge Secondary school in West Vancouver and VCH have notified parents about Covid-19 case. This, according to parents, is linked to a sibling who is + from Caulfeild school. School to school transmission
- Robert A. McMath Secondary at 4251 Gary Street in Richmond. Some contacts isolated. School areas affected deep cleaned. SD 38 letter sent to parents. No info how many or who was isolated.
- ’École des Navigateurs, RichmondAddress: 8580 Kilgour Place, Richmond, BCPotential exposure date(s): September 14.
- BC Muslim School, Richmond. 12300 Blundell Road, Richmond.Potential exposure date(s): September 11 to 18.
List will expand as we confirm other suspected school exposures.
Rossland’s Summit School is in SD 20 near Trail BC. (NOT VERNON).
Salim…thank you for this list.
I am not on FB or other social sites and unable to see lists that have been started. This is greatly appreciated and so very useful in helping people know where these school cases are.
Take care and stay safe.
Comments are closed.